A Letter From our Owner:
As a new year begins, we would like to take a moment to reflect on the one behind us-the good, the bad, the ugly, & the unforgettable.
All in all, 2022 was a pretty great year. We opened a new store in my hometown of Clayton, GA, the place & community that inspired Of These Mountains. Continuing on our mission to highlight & celebrate the natural beauty & lifestyle that our backyard provides with a new group of people was a huge growth opportunity for our brand. I am happy to report that Clayton remains the driving force behind the brand as we continue to source local talent to design & produce our products, a cornerstone of the business that I believe in & plan to continue.
Not long after opening the new Clayton store, we decided to close our Clarkesville, GA shop, the original Of These Mountains store location. It was a difficult decision made with very heavy hearts, but one we knew was best for the future of our company. Through taking risks & making mistakes, we gained invaluable experience & have nothing but fond memories of our first little shop on Washington Street. When we walked away, we took a lot with us
In 2022 we successfully held the 2nd & 3rd bi-annual Of These Mountains Marketplace events. With each event, our process got better & our list of vendors grew. We’re very proud to say at our last event, we featured 100+ local artisans, makers, & small businesses from the surrounding areas.
Online, we’ve continued to expand our reach & are very excited to share this year we had customers from all 50 states, as well as Canada & Puerto Rico, make online purchases. Not too bad for a tiny little business created in the mountains of Northeast Georgia!
Another one of our biggest accomplishments this year was the growth of our wholesale business. Of These Mountains is now sold in 11 different states. It truly warms our heart knowing you can walk into a store in California, Colorado, Arkansas, Tennessee, New York, ALASKA & others & pick up something from Of These Mountains! Mind=Blown!
2023 will be a big year for Of These Mountains.
- These past couple of years, the pandemic halted many of the events & festivals we previously attended so we're excited to get back on the road & showcase our brand at new festivals & events throughout the Southeast in 2023.
- We will be rolling out our “Club OTM” kids program! Through Club OTM, we hope to connect kids & families to nature & each other through inspirational content, monthly freebies, outdoor activities, craft ideas, & occasional local get-togethers. Our mission is to create a community that fosters a sense of belonging (what child doesn't love being a part of a club!?) & encourage little ones to experience & appreciate the wild.
- In 2023, our May & November OTM Marketplace events will continue to take place & provide local entrepreneurs & artists with an opportunity to showcase & spread awareness of their businesses & products at the Rabun County Civic Center Pavilions.
- OTM will turn 5 which is exciting & hard to believe! We have some awesome things planned to help celebrate.
- We will continue to host new in-store special events & pop up shops.
- In-store, we will be expanding our thoughtfully curated selection of local sourced goods & products & continue striving to create a unique space to not only showcase our outdoor apparel, but also support & feature the talented local artists, makers, & small businesses that keep our community vibrant & charming
- We will be rolling out lots of new outdoor inspired apparel & bringing you the latest trends. We're excited to explore new styles & elevate our clothing line.
- With the new developments in downtown Clayton, it looks like the possibilities for our retail business to grow & reach new customers is on the right track.
& much much more!
Five years later & I still get excited when I see someone in our gear or a car with one of our stickers. As another chapter closes, we are thankful for you, our customers above all else. You have embraced Of These Mountains with open arms & allowed us to grow & continue living our dream. None of our successes mentioned above would have been possible without you, & from my mountain lovin’ heart, I say thank you, thank you, thank you!
Let's make 2023 one to remember!